Organizers of Big Brother Naija reality Tv show Multichoice have shared some interesting details
on why BBNaija season 5 is holding despite the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic the world is battling with.
Multichoice in a statement said:
Many Nigerians are at home due to the restrictions necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our decision to stage the fifth edition of BBNaija is borne out of the need to provide compelling content that would get them entertained and at the same time, help achieve Government’s objective of social distancing to help curb the spread of the virus.
BBNaija ranks as the most viewed non-sporting event on African television and regarded as one of Nigeria’s biggest entertainment exports outside of Nollywood. We are optimistic that this show will fulfil this need even as we guarantee that global best practices, precautions and preventative measures will be followed throughout the season.
Also on what measures have been put in place to ensure that this season adheres to the guidelines of the NCDC(Nigeria Center for Disease Control)?, Multichoice noted that they have developed a COVID-19 preparedness action plan, and will implement the necessary safety measures, including but not limited to:
- All shortlisted Housemates will be tested and placed in quarantine for 14 days, and only when the all-clear has been given will they be permitted to enter the house.
- No guests will be allowed to enter the BBNaija house or have physical contact with housemates and the number of “ninjas” will also be reduced.
- All audiences for live shows and evictions have been cancelled, and the presenter will host the Sunday Live Eviction Shows in an empty studio, crossing live into the Big Brother House.
- Establish a committee to coordinate all COVID-19 matters.
- A dedicated crewmember assigned to each workspace/department will be responsible for ensuring COVID compliance of the production
- Psychologists and Medical Dr. on standby to support housemates and crew
- Solicit partnership with authorities | Government bodies to drive messaging via the BBN platform
- Compulsory daily temperature checks for all production crew and guests to the House.
- Provide handwashing facilities and or alcohol-based sanitizers at all entry points for use by the production crew.
- Make arrangement for the transportation of production crew to the House to minimise the risk of infection.
- Encourage non-essential members of the production crew to work remotely, maintain only essential skeletal crew on set and ensure that production crew members who physically work in the House run shifts.
- Ensure that the physical distancing guideline of 2 metres is maintained by the production crew working in the House.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the House and production facilities especially commonly used surfaces/objects.
- All staff entering house with supplies must wear masks, gloves, and shoe covers
- Strict observance of the daily curfew imposed by the government.