COVID-19: Federal Government declares 63 Nigerians, 27 foreigners wanted

COVID-19: Federal Government declares 63 Nigerians, 27 foreigners wanted

Sixty-three Nigerians and 27 foreigners have been declared wanted by the federal government over violation of COVID-19 guidelines.

 

 

 

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman Presidential Steering Committee (PSC) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha disclosed this Sunday night.

 

 

 

READ ALSO: Ambulance spotted being used for the distribution of bread in Delta State (Video)

 

 

 

Mustapha said the Presidential Steering Committee had earlier in May 2021 issued a Travel Advisory for passengers arriving in Nigeria from some countries currently battling with the virus to observe seven days compulsory quarantine.

RECOMMENDED:  NDDC is for all Niger Deltans, Says Akwa

 

 

According to him, some travelers who arrived in Nigeria from the restricted countries recently, have violated the protocol, posing threat to the health of Nigerians.

 

 

 

DAILY POST reports that Brazil, India, and Turkey were among the countries list due to a new variant of the disease ravaging them in that part of the world.

RECOMMENDED:  HE DIDN'T SHOW ANY SIGN OF ILLNESS – Prophet T. B Joshua's wife, Evelyn finally reveal

 

 

 

“Accordingly, the under listed persons who arrived in Nigeria between 8 May 2021 and 15 May 2021 through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja and whose names and passport numbers are displayed, have been declared Persons of Interest (POI) on account of posing a considerable danger to overall public health and for the violation of Nigeria COVID-19 travel protocol by evading the mandatory 7-day quarantine for persons arriving from restricted countries.

RECOMMENDED:  Residents Flee as Soldiers Invade Abia Community in Search of Suspected ESN Members

 

 

 

RECOMMENDED: Academic Programs for International Students 2021 at Edward’s University, USA

 

 

 

“They must therefore transport themselves safely, to the nearest state public health departments within 48hrs of this notice for immediate evaluation and call the Port Health Services, Federal Ministry of Health on 08036134672 or 08032461990 for further directions”, the SGF said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.